FABRICATOR – FULL-TIME
To safely and efficiently fill production orders with a high level of quality.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive work instructions from Lead or Supervisor on a daily basis.
- Participate in Materials Control by reporting inventory status (potential shortages) to Production Manager.
- Gather materials for production orders and locate them at the work station the work is to be performed at.
- Provide input to production personnel regarding potential shortages of material or parts and reporting them immediately to the Production Manager to avoid any undue delays in production.
- Identify waste and non-value added steps that can be removed to implement improved processes.
- Promote the Hawkins Manufacturing safety program through utilizing safe work practices and following all Hawkins Mfg. safety protocols and reminding others to so, as well, when observing unsafe practices in the facility.
- Promote a clean facility by attending to any needed cleaning activities without needing to be instructed to do so.
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 80 pound component parts and various other items with, or without, reasonable accommodation.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of production principles to assist production personnel with any issues that may arise.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of print reading, measurements and welding symbols to ensure that parts are produced correctly.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude to perform Maintenance type duties, i.e. Changing compressor oil/filters and servicing various pieces of equipment in the shop and noticing when a machine or piece of equipment is not operating in a normal condition.
Below, find a PDF link to print off and fill out. Return completed application to the Hawkins Ag office at:
2120 4th Ave in Holdrege